Sunday, June 1, 2008

Last week

We had a crazy week. After a fun memorial weekend spent with family, Landon ended up getting sick with Strep throat and an ear infection. On Wednesday night we went to check out the new rec. center. Landon appeared fine all day, a little clingy and tired, but he wasn't too bad. After a little while looking around the rec center, Landon started saying, "mom, i wanna go home". Very unusual for him to ever say he wants to go home! So we left and hit walmart to get Kailyn some food. Landon started looking very pale and getting extremely warm. We bought a thermometer in walmart and took his temp in walmart......Brad and i freaked out when it read 103. We scurried through walmart to get him home and while checking out at the register he threw up all over Brad. Anyway, we gave him some motrin and got him home and in the bath right away. The bath brought his temp down to 102 and he finally ate some crackers after not eating all day. I didn't know his throat hurt at this point and i figured he had an ear infection because he would freak out when we'd take him temp in one ear. So after a pretty much sleepless night and a very lethargic little boy, i took him to the doctor only to be told i'd have to wait 2 hours before i could even be put on the list. So i took him to instacare where we waited 2 hours to be seen. Landon was so cute. He was so tired, but didn't want to be cuddled really because it hurt his body, so he sat patiently in the chair. When we got back to the room he crashed on the table til the doctor came in. He was SOOOO cute. So, we left with strep and an ear infection. The antibiotic and motrin has kicked in and he is feeling much better today.
BUT...... yesterday Kailyn started acting weird and she had a fever of 103 as well. I'm thinking she might be feeling the same as Landon, so i started her on some antibiotics i had left over from an ear infection last march and her fever has come down to 101 so hopefully we caught it in time before she has to go through too much pain. They are cute sick little kids and i've enjoyed the time at home with all of us over the weekend. And i'm sure grateful for Brad who was by Landon's side, and now Kailyn, making sure they are as comfortable as possible and just being the most cuddly dad EVER. This week will be a much healthier week and i'm looking forward to playing with my kids again. I sure do love them.

10 comments:

Carly said...

Oh sweet little kidlets!!! I hope they are feeling better soon! :) You're such a good momma Kendall! :)

Michael and Bonnie said...

Hey Glauser Family. Kendall, you may not know me. I was friends with Brad in high school. Anyway, tell Brad hi from me. I like your blog, very cute pictures!

-Bonnie Foley

Mel and Nate said...

Kendall!!!! I miss you tons! I feel like it has been too long since we talked so call me asap but I am sure you are so tired from having the little ones sick. I feel so bad! I miss them! They are sooo cute! I am so excited you have a blog now! I finally have the internet so I will start mine again also! Love you!

Mel and Nate said...

Also.....why the hell am I not on your friends list?????? I thought we were besties. Fix it NOW!!!!!!! I will put you on mine but my computer is not letting me for some reason so I look like a loser with only about 5 friends. I am not mad, just fix it.

Leannes notes said...

Loves and kisses from Grams. That would help them get better!!

Nikki Hansen said...

I hate it when the kids are sick. I feel so bad for the, because they are just themselves. I hope they feel better!!

Unknown said...

Our friends the Bunkers were over today and they said they were friends with Mel and Nate in Provo. Small world, huh?

PJ and Rachell said...

Hope you don't mind, I was blog hopping and had to stop in :) Your family is adorable! I am so glad to see that life is good. Hope your little ones are better soon- nothing is worse than a sick baby

Sabrina said...

are you boy cotting blogging kendall?? Hurry up and talk about something so I don't have to read about people I don't know!

RCA said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/kartu-kredit-pertama-untuk-pemula